The holiday season is upon us and Kris and Tara come bearing gifts…of recommendations! Seriously, they had to make room this week to fit everything in.
Kris regales us with the end of The Walking Dead and the Jeopardy! Tournament of Champions. Tara talks about The Big Brunch (yes, again) and Canada’s own Ryan Reynolds.
There’s a bunch of other good stuff before a dive deep into the recommendations. Keep warm, friends. Stay bright.
From Kris: Christmas Mouse by Rachel Spangler
It might be tempting to think a story like Christmas Mouse would be easy to write, but it’s actually the simple ones that are the toughest to pull off. This city mouse/country mouse romance, with two love interests competing over their perfect visions of Christmas, charms, delights, and warms the heart this holiday season.
From Tara: Season of Love by Helena Greer
Some books can scare us by how well tailored they are to our specific loves and interests. This is true for Tara and her recommendation, Season of Love. Tara declares this a perfect book and it includes one of her favourite characters of all time, who starts the book dead (ends it dead, too). The writing captivated Tara in how well it balances humour with heart. Content warnings: abusive parent, alcoholism (self and parents), grief, and death.
- The Walking Dead (AMC)
- Jeopardy! Tournament of Champions (2022) (CBS)
- Manifest (NBC)
- Spirited (2022)
- Ryan Reynolds’ Governor General Award Video
- The Big Brunch (HBO Max)
- RuPaul’s Drag Race UK (BBC)
- Canada’s Drag Race: Canada Vs. The World (Crave)
- We’re Here Season Three (HBO)
- The Great Canadian Baking Show (CBC)
- Andor (Disney+)
- Rogue One (2016)
Support & follow the show
- Buy us a Ko-fi
- Sign up for our newsletter
- Twitter: @queerlyrec
- Facebook: @QueerlyRecommended
- Instagram: @queerlyrecommended
- Tumblr: @queerlyrecommended
- TikTok: @queerlyrecommended
- Get all our links on Linktr.ee