Roslyn Sinclair has committed high crimes against readers’ productivity and we are here for it!
This episode, Tara is joined by f/f romance author Milena McKay. They gathered to sit in gratitude and fangirl about one of their favourite stories of all time. It began as a Devil Wears Prada fanfic and ended up being rewritten and published as its own original work. Yes, it’s Truth and Measure season, baby!
Referred to by Lee Winter as “The Lesfic Bible,” Truth and Measure has impacted the lesfic scene in profound ways. Tara and Milena discuss the book’s history, including how the #MeToo movement impacted the changes from fic to published work, and all the things the love about both versions. Get ready for major geeking out, friends.
- Truth and Measure, fic version, and all its associated short stories (Archive of Our Own)
- Truth and Measure & Above All Things by Roslyn Sinclair (Ylva Publishing)
- The Devil Wears Prada (2006)
- Not Everyone & Pure Shores (Archive of Our Own)
- The X Ingredient, fic version (Archive of Our Own)
- The X Ingredient by Roslyn Sinclair (Ylva Publishing)
- The Music and the Mirror by Lola Keeley (Ylva Publishing)
- Once Upon A Time (ABC)
- The Delicate Things We Make, fic version (Archive of Our Own)
- The Delicate Things We Make by Milena McKay
- The Headmistress by Milena McKay
- The Brutal Truth by Lee Winter (Ylva Publishing)
Preorder Milena McKay’s next book, These Thin Lines!
Support & follow the show
- Buy us a Ko-fi
- Sign up for our newsletter
- Twitter: @queerlyrec
- Facebook: @QueerlyRecommended
- Instagram: @queerlyrecommended
- Tumblr: @queerlyrecommended
- TikTok: @queerlyrecommended
- Get all our links on Linktr.ee