19. 19 is about getting cocky. It’s about feeling yourself. And what’s more 19 than starting a podcast episode with a round of Fuck, Marry, Kill using the cast of The L Word and expecting you’ll be friends by the end?
Kris answers the question of whether she’d write anything outside of lesbian romance. Tara brings the latest game phenom Boyfriend Dungeon to the table to discuss how the rules are different for queer creators. Also, Kris tells the story of how she has tiger blood (or something).
Official recommendations this week are Netflix’s The Old Guard, with Kris swooning over Charlize Theron and the rest of her immortal buddies. Tara gushes about Lily Seabrooke’s Fake It, an f/f romance with a trans lead written by a trans author. It’s a fake relationship romance, people!
Note: spoilers for the season finale of Alone from 11:07-14:17
If you enjoy this episode, please consider buying Kris & Tara a Ko-fi!
- Alone, Season 8 Finale (History)
- The Walking Dead (Final Season)
- The Great British Bake-Off (BBC)
- The Great Canadian Baking Show (CBC)
- Baroness von Sketch Show (CBC)
- The L-Word
- The L-Word: Generation Q
- RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars, Season 6
- Boyfriend Dungeon (Kitfox Games)
- Dream Daddy (Game Grumps)
Listen to the episode
Check out these clips