You want to know the easiest way to turn Kris and Tara into perpetual recommendation machines? Just ask them to pick one of something. Works every time, including this episode, where we get not just one but two questions asking for their favourite thing. Look at the works discussed list! The first ten are from the first ten minutes!
From Kris: Wolf Pack
This week, Kris recommends the Paramount+ teen drama series, Wolf Pack. In the wake of a sudden wildfire, two teenagers encounter a supernatural creature that changes them and their lives forever.
The only thing Kris doesn’t like about this show is that the town seems to be simultaneously too big to be a town (is it a city?) and too remote to be anything else. She loved everything else. Check it out.
From Tara: I Can’t Believe I Slept With You!
Listen. LISTEN. The premise for Tara’s recommendation is super sketchy. She admits that. It’s a love story that starts off with a landlady asking for sex from her female tenant in lieu of payment. But it’s okay, actually, because all is not as it initially appears to be! No, seriously.
I Can’t Believe I Slept With You! by Miyako Miyahara is a sapphic manga series that starts shaky but ends wonderfully. It’s tender, it’s sweet, it deals with complicated feelings, and has a twist that recontextualizes everything. And that hand holding scene! *swoon*
- Truth and Measure and Above All Things by Roslyn Sinclair
- The Delicate Things We Make by Milena McKay
- The Headmistress by Milena McKay
- Kiss the Girl by Melissa Brayden
- The Red Files by Lee Winter
- Honor Series by Radclyffe
- And Playing the Role of Herself by K. E. Lane
- All That Matters by Susan X. Meagher
- Temptation by Kris Bryant
- Not Guilty by Brit Ryder
- Forget Me Not by Kris Bryant
- Music and the Mirror by Lola Keeley
- The Fixer and Chaos Agent by Lee Winter
- Veronica Mars (Warner Bros. and Hulu)
- 1923 (Paramount+)
- The Perfect Match (Netflix)
- The Mole (Netflix)
- RuPaul’s Drag Race, Season Fifteen (MTV)
- People Change by Vivek Shraya
- The Subtweet by Vivek Shraya
- I’m Afraid of Men by Vivek Shraya
- White Women by Regina Jackson and Saira Rao
Support & follow the show
- Buy us a Ko-fi
- Sign up for our newsletter
- Twitter: @queerlyrec
- Facebook: @QueerlyRecommended
- Instagram: @queerlyrecommended
- Tumblr: @queerlyrecommended
- TikTok: @queerlyrecommended
- Get all our links on Linktr.ee