By the time you hear Kris say she’s looking forward to the upcoming ClexaCon, bemoaning her 9 AM panel and how everyone’ll be hungover… it’s already happened. Time is weird, people.
Regardless, WHENEVER you’re reading this (hearing this?) you’ll be treated to Tara and Kris passing judgement on the contestants wimping out of Alone: Frozen, all from the comfort of their homes. There’s a bunch more stuff, too, all of it very good. Too much to list, really (there is a list, it’s below). Oh, they pick their favourite Drunk Histories! Come on in.
If you enjoy this episode, please consider buying Kris & Tara a Ko-fi!
This week, Kris hits a home run with her official recommendation of Prime Video’s A League of Their Own. Rather than remaking the 1992 hit movie, this series version shares the stories of queer and/or Black players in the 1940s that couldn’t be told 30 years ago.
And Tara brings us home with Hulu’s Fire Island. This gay romantic comedy is a contemporary reinterpretation of Pride and Prejudice. It takes place on real world Fire Island, where Noah makes it his weeklong business to get his friend Howie laid…all while a new Mr. Darcy enters the field.
- First Kill (Netflix) based on the short story “First Kill” by V.E. Schwab, from the collection Vampires Never Get Old
- The Wilds (Amazon Prime Video)
- Killing Eve (BBC America/AMC)
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer (The WB/AMC)
- Lightyear (2022)
- Alone: Frozen (History Channel)
- Glow Up (BBC/Netflix)
- Canada’s Drag Race, RuPaul’s Drag Race Down Under, RuPaul’s Secret Celebrity Drag Race
- Vanderbilt by Anderson Cooper
- The Sparks Brothers (2021)
- Mark Cuban CostPlus Drug Company
- Drunk History (Comedy Central)