The episode you’re about to hear was recorded on July 26, 2021. This is important because that day is… a Monday. Normally Kris and Tara record on Sunday evenings, after a long, restful weekend. Monday recordings are different. They’re punchy. They’re silly. They’re… well they’re a bit much, really. You have been warned.
With that out of the way, it’s a pretty full episode. Tara shares her experiences with the Calgary Stampede, AKA the totally safe and not a super spreader event that’s been going on for weeks and has a pretty shitty history. Kris regales us with her worst kiss story and it’s delightful.
They have some killer recommendations with Kris going through the history of queer athletes with 2017’s Battle of the Sexes. Tara follows up on her reading of Ann McMan’s Covenant from last week, turning it into a full recommendation.
CONTENT WARNING FOR DISCUSSION OF FAMILY SEX ABUSE REPRESENTATION IN COVENANT: 1:10:55 – 1:11:50.
If you enjoy this episode, please consider buying Kris & Tara a Ko-fi!
- Change of Plans by K. J.
- Girl, Serpent, Thorn by Melissa Bashardoust
- Summer Strawberry by Melissa Brayden
- The Goodmans by Claire Ashton
- Waiting in the Wings by Melissa Brayden
- Entangled (Tangle Valley #1) by Melissa Brayden
- The Tricky Series by Camryn Eyde
- Alone (History)
- Ted Lasso (Apple TV)
- Gunpowder Milkshake (Netflix)
- Ocean’s 8
- RuPaul’s Drag Race
- Cinders of Yesterday by Jen Karner
- Undercover Madam by JJ Arias
- Work Won’t Love You Back by Sarah Jaffe