This week, Kris calls in all the way from a 1980s phone booth, otherwise known as the polar vortex. It’s been a wild one, but Tara and Kris get right down to what matters. Peeps over peanut butter? Smooth versus chunky? Don’t worry, Kris remains on the right side of history and she’s ready, if not eager, to fight you. All of you.
Along with (checks notes) a veritable buttload of games and movies, there’s still the big recommendations of the week. Tara’s bringing along Later Daters, a dating sim from Bloom Digital that she adored, and Kris is pulling out the discography of her life with the (sadly, starring Kristen Stewart) rock and roll movie, The Runaways.
If you enjoy this episode, please consider buying Kris & Tara a Ko-fi!
Kris and Tara also discuss:
- Stardew Valley (game)
- Last of Us series (game)
- Dream Daddy (game)
- Gone Home (game)
- A Normal Lost Phone (game)
- Night in the Woods (game)
- The X Ingredient by Roslyn Sinclair
- The Super Heroes Union: Dynama Ruth Diaz
- The Super Heroine Collection, Ylva Publishing
- The Power of Mercy and A Lover’s Mercy Fiona Zedde
- Chasing Stars Alex K Thorne
- Flora and Ulysseus (Disney Plus Movie)
- Mulan and Aladdin Live Action
- Always Be My Maybe (Netflix)
- RuPaul’s Drag Race (of course, of course)
- Animal Crossing New Horizons
- Last Night at the Telegraph Club by Malinda Lo