This week starts off with a brief but important discussion about the day after inauguration. Tara and Kris reflect on the feeling of holding your breath for four years, the perils of burnout and how nice it is to feel a little bit hopeful.
Thankfully they follow it up with Tara’s favourite book of the decade (Vivek Shraya’s The Subtweet) and passionate lady-sex (the Kate Winslet movie, Ammonite) along with a host of other suggestions, confessions and recommendations. It’s a real journey.
This week, Tara and Kris queerly recommend:
- QR superfans, including fantastic authors, Fiona Riley and Cathy Pegau
- Burnout by Emily Nagoski & Amelia Nagoski
- Jojo Siwa
- Hades (again!)
- Salvation (television series)
- News of the World
- RuPaul’s Drag Race (this one’s pretty much always going to be here)
- Lawrence Cheney
- Outlawed by Anna North
- The Queen’s Gambit (minus the ever present rapey vibe)
- The Subtweet by Vivek Shraya